October 2018 will see The Deep in Hull, UK hosting the 33rd European Union of Aquarium Curators (EUAC) Conference. The EUAC Conference is the biggest annual gathering of European public aquarium professionals.
The event will take place from Monday 15 to Thursday 18 October 2018 as we are delighted to invite you all to join us. The EUAC Conference offers an unique opportunity to network with public aquaria professional in a relaxed environment as we gather to discuss and present important industry topics and initiatives. EUAC conferences assembles the largest group of aquatic curators, aquarists, LSS operators, directors and more from large and small public aquaria and zoos from all over Europe.
The conference starts on Monday evening with an ice breaker event, followed by three days of presentations and discussions, culminating in an end of conference celebration on Thursday evening. The event will take place in two main locations; The Deep itself and the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Hull City Centre.
Please note, delegates are not required to arrive until 5pm on Monday.
|EUAC Member (early bird - available until 31 May 2018)||£250|
|EUAC Member (standard rate)||£275|
|Non EUAC Member (early bird - available until 31 May 2018)||£335|
|Non EUAC Member (standard rate)||£360|
The prices shown above include lunches throughout the conference as well as the celebration event.
HOTELS IN HULL
Looking for a hotel in Hull? We’ve selected some of the closest hotels to the conference venue, please see these below:
Double Tree by Hilton Hotel - £99 per double room, single occupancy
Tel: 01482 755500
Book rooms via their website - please make sure to add the special rate code of 'GEUAC' to access our preferential rate. Alternatively email email@example.com.
Travelodge - please see website for rates
Tel: 0871 984 6473
Book rooms via their website
Holiday Inn Express - please see website for rates
Kingston Upon Hull
Tel: 01482 485700
Book rooms via their website
HOW TO GET TO THE DEEP
- If you are arriving into Humberside airport, you will need to get a taxi to Hull. Cable Taxis are located in the terminal building or you can pre book your journey by calling their 24hr phone line on 01472 500500.
- If you are arriving into Doncaster Sheffield airport, you will need to catch the X4 bus outside the terminal (which runs daily every 25 minutes) to Doncaster train station. Regular trains to Hull depart from here and can be pre-booked here.
- If you are arriving into Leeds Bradford airport, you will need to catch the 757 bus outside the terminal to Leeds train station. Regular trains to Hull depart from here and can be pre-booked here.
- If you are arriving into Manchester airport, you will need to catch a train from the airport to Manchester Piccadily, then change train to Hull. Regular trains to Hull depart from here and can be pre-booked here.
The nearest train station to The Deep is Hull Interchange. Taxis are available from outside the station (Hull Interchange) for approximately £5 single fare. To walk to The Deep from the station, exit the station and cross the road towards House of Fraser department store and then follow the pedestrian signs to The Deep. A pedestrian footbridge provides a link to and from The Deep and the Old Town's Museum Quarter and City Centre shops.
The Deep can be accessed from the West of Hull on the A63. It is signposted from the A15, A63 and the Humber Bridge. Please enter the postcode HU9 1TU when using a Sat Nav. This will take you to Tower Street, Hull, which is the nearest main road to The Deep.
|Monday 15 October||Ice breaker||5pm - 8pm||The Deep|
|Tuesday 16 October||Conference||8:30am - 5:30pm||Double Tree by Hilton Hotel|
|Wednesday 17 October||Conference||8:30am - 5:30pm||Double Tree by Hilton Hotel|
|Thursday 18 October||Conference||8:30am - 5:30pm||Double Tree by Hilton Hotel|
|Thursday 18 October||Gala party||6pm - 12am||The Deep|
YOUR EUAC DIGITAL PORTAL - WHOVA!
This year we are doing things a little differently! We want to minimise the use of paper and so the conference program has gone digital! Please sign up to the WHOVA App to access important information on:
- The agenda
- Corporate sponsors
- Local information
- Interactive content and messaging
This is a great way to build your digital EUAC profile and use it to network with other attendees both before and during the conference, or just a great way to find a good bar (when we’ve uploaded them!)
Once you have downloaded the WHOVA App on your phone or computer, simply search for ‘The European Union of Aquarium Curators’ and sign in! We will be updating the App as EUAC 2018 approaches so please keep an eye out for new information. We understand that this might not be for everyone, but we very much appreciate your help with minimising the footprint of EUAC 2018.
See you in EUAC digi space!
We now are calling upon presenters to submit abstracts for 20-minute oral presentations (15 minutes presenting plus 5 minutes of questions). If you would like to present during the 33rd EUAC Conference, please carefully follow the instructions for authors and submit the abstract for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for presenters
Please include the following in your submission:
- Title: presentation title should be short and clearly represent the theme of the presentation.
- Authors: include the full names and affiliations of all authors; the full contact details of the contact person.
- Abstract text: abstracts should be informative, stating the purpose of the work and summarize the significant findings. They should include an introduction, convey the main point and outline results and conclusions. Abstracts must not exceed 150 words.
- Submission: Abstracts must be submitted by August 1st, 2018 via email to email@example.com.
Accepted presenters: all accepted authors must be registered and have registration fees paid in full by October 1st, 2018 in order to make their presentation.
For details on all corporate sponsorship packages and general conference enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01482 381020.