Enjoy a morning getting hands on with our crew! Find out what it takes to care for our animals and their vital life support systems with this hands on experience. Perfect for adults and youngsters (age 8+) with an interest in marine life or budding Marine Bioloigsts.
Our crew will guide you through the experience to ensure you get the most out of your experience.
Please note one participant MUST be an adult if anyone under the age of 18 is taking part.
A full list of activities included is shown below.
- Prepare food for the fish
- Take a tour of Timeline down to Lagoon
- Meet and feed the animals at Discovery Corner
- See behind the scenes at Discovery Corner
- Scatter feed the colourful fish in the Lagoon of Light
- Embrace your inner scientist and conduct a series of water tests
- Tour Coral Wall to the Amazon Flooded Forest
- Feed the clownfish in Slime
- Try on some dive kit – the perfect photo opportunity!
- Go behind the scenes in Cool Seas
- Scatter feed the Shop display
- See the frogs and plant nurseries and help mist the habitats
- Frog food preparation – prepare the new fly cultures
- Meet and feed the bugs behind the scenes – Are you feeling brave? Hold a cockroach or African sun beetle
- Tour behind the scenes in the Aquarist Department
- View the nursery tanks and culture areas, learn how we breed and rear our animals
- Walk above Endless Oceans, see if you can spy a turtle and scatter feed some of our largest residents
- Attempt to pole feed the Grey reef sharks
Your experience will begin at 8:30am ! Please be aware that you will be entering some small spaces and that the use of steps is required to access some of the rooms and displays behind the scenes. Should you have any specific access needs, please do detail them on your booking form when prompted. Finishing at approximately 12.00pm, you are then free to explore the aquarium at your own leisure for the remainder of the day.
Due to insurance purposes only the people participating in the VIP Experience will be allowed to enter the building prior to 10am. After this time any additional friends/family members are welcome to purchase a ticket to enter the attraction, however they will not be able to join the participants until the end of their experience.
All activities are subject to change if this becomes operationally necessary. We are unable to offer a refund should you cancel your Deep Experience with less than one month’s notice. Experiences must be booked at least 3 week prior to the date you wish to attend with full payment being required at the time of booking.
HERE'S WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY...
Came today for the VIP experience and it was fab. Going behind the scenes to feed the animals and other things was really interesting. My daughter really enjoyed herself. Connor, who was the crew member who showed us around, was great and really friendly and knowledgeable. All other crew members were really friendly too. Would highly recommend!!!!
PRODUCT TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
I had to email to say a huge thank you to Adam and the brilliant team for such an amazing day that superseded our expectations. From start to finish it was truly special for Ella and up there as her best birthday celebration in her 11 years (her words)! Adam was so informative and patience with the girls, they took to him straight away and soaked in all his knowledge and really inspired the girls to learn more about marine life, they were fascinated. Thank you so much for such a fab day that we’ll remember for a long time.