How to Book
Please complete the school trip enquiry form below to book your trip.
You will need to provide the following information -
- School name, telephone number and email address
- Lead teacher
- Key Stage and number of pupils attending
- Date options - we ask that you supply three date options for your visit. Wherever possible, we will allocate your first choice.
The education team will then assess your request. Please note, your trip is not confirmed until you hear from them.
On the day
We suggest you allow at least 3 hours for your visit, which includes a workshop and entry into the attraction. If you wish to include lunch and a visit to our gift shop please add on extra time. Places cost £7 per pupil, this price includes:
- Teacher preview visit (one free teacher per class)
- Downloadable information and activity trails
- Free on-site coach parking
- Entry into The Deep
- Your choice of education workshop (click here and scroll down to see the full list)
- Secure bag storage and packed lunch area
- Free teacher places of 1:6 primary school and 1:10 secondary schools and colleges. Additional adult places are £10.50.
Special Educational Needs
Our qualified Learning Centre staff are available to discuss the most appropriate learning sessions for special needs groups. It is possible, with sufficient notice, to modify most learning sessions to meet individual requirements.
To help prepare your students for their visit why not download our fantastic new social story 'A day at The Deep: preparing for your visit' guide here'. Designed to help visitors plan and make the most of their visit with us, it's great for those students who might need a little extra help!
The Deep Shop
A wide variety of marine themed gifts are available from our 'Deepartment Store' with items from as little as 25p. For schools wishing to bypass the shop we can arrange goody bags - 2 options at £2.80 or £3.50, small penguin cuddly toys for £2.99 or activity sticker books for £3.50. Please order these before your visit.
Payment must be made in full on or before the day of your visit by cash, cheque, credit card or bank transfer. Please make all cheques payable to Running Deep Ltd.
Please note - the minimum charge for an educational workshop is £84 (this applies to groups bringing less than 12 students).
We conduct our own risk assessments and provide guidance for teachers visiting us. View The Deep's risk assessment.
View the new guidance issued by the Department for Education in regards to health and safety on school trips.
Teacher Preview Visits
In order to make the most of your school visit we recommend that you take advantage of one of our teacher preview visits to familiarise yourself with the exhibits and our facilities. A letter from your Head Teacher on school headed paper, confirming that you wish to carry out a preview visit/risk assessment for your school, is needed. Present this at the reception and they will issue a complimentary ticket (one teacher per class visiting).
Recent research has shown that the reflective strips on fluorescent vests can change the way in which our animals behave. In order to avoid any potential problems we would like you to assist us by either:
- Removing reflective vests when in the attraction
- Turning reflective vests inside out whilst in the attraction
The Lunchbox Challenge
The Deep is an environmental charity and as such we ask schools to help us consider the environment when visiting. Where possible, please ensure that students:
- Bring a re-usable drinks bottle rather than one made from single use plastic
- Bring your packed lunches in re-usable boxes
Thank you for your support.