The role of the 3rd Chef is to help the Head Chef and his team primarily to prepare and deliver evening restaurant and corporate meals to a high standard, with occasional support for the day-time café facilities.
A minimum of 21 hours per week average. You will normally work an average of 21 hours per week in any given four or five week payroll period. An example of a common shift pattern would be working Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 3pm-10.30pm to support the Two Rivers Restaurant kitchen service. Due to corporate events, however, times and days of work may change to adapt to the needs of the kitchen. Hours of work will be published normally one month in advance on a rota basis.
RATE OF PAY
£8.96 per hour
Catering Manager/Head Chef
Alongside the Head Chef, plan, organise and prepare a selection of meals to a high standard within the food legislation, whilst keeping up with new ideas and trends, working within the allocated budget and minimising waste, for all areas of The Deep catering facility.
Shifts may include both 1st and 3rd floor kitchens at The Deep, with food preparation for daytime menus in Two Rivers and Castaways cafes plus kitchen support for the evening Two Rivers Restaurant and corporate product, particularly starters and deserts including quality, temperature, timing, portion controlling and presentation.
- To maintain a high standard of hygiene and be responsible for the accurate adherence to all environmental and health board requirements as legislated.
- To be responsible for stock rotation and help with the day-to-day ordering and supplier liaison.
- To clean down all kitchen equipment throughout the period and at the end of service.
- To report any faulty equipment.
- To work closely with the Catering Manager, Head Chef, Chief Executive or their nominated representative to ensure the smooth running of The Deep’s catering, restaurant and corporate facility.
- Ensure that the company’s policy on Health and Safety is adhered to by you and your colleagues.
- Any other duties as requested by Catering Manager or her nominated representative.
- Experience and ability to prepare, cook and serve a variety of dishes to the required standard.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with visitors of all ages, suppliers and colleagues throughout the organisation.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Awareness and understanding of food allergen and intolerance issues.
- Ability to work under pressure, quickly, effectively and efficiently within a busy kitchen environment.
- Demonstrate excellence in customer care and an understanding of the needs of the customers.
- The ability to manual handle safely (with correct guidance and equipment) eg boxes, tables, chairs.
- Enthusiasm for The Deep as a major visitor attraction.
- Reliable, with a responsible attitude towards work.
- Flexibility with regard to hours of work in response to customer demand, as per the requirements of the contract.
- Trained to a recognised standard in cookery skills.
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate or other appropriate level qualification and/or experience.
- Experience of dealing with (and/or formal training in) food allergen and intolerance issues.
- Undergone recognised training in manual handling.
TO APPLY: Please complete an application form online at www.thedeep.co.uk. Contact for enquiries: Louise Kirby, The Deep, Hull, HU1 4DP (firstname.lastname@example.org), 01482 381004. Applications must be received by 9am on Monday 4 September 2017. Interviews are likely to be held week commencing 4 September 2017. PLEASE NOTE WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND CHECK THIS EMAIL IN-BOX REGULARLY FOR NEWS OF YOUR APPLICATION’S PROGRESS.