The Deep’s Admin Support Assistant reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager, providing essential administrative support to the Marketing team and excellent customer service to visitors.
Although directly managed by the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Assistant will also support the Marketing Officers and Graphic Designer, assisting in the implementation of the marketing strategy for all aspects of the attraction’s commercial activities.
SUMMARY OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1 year maternity cover contract
- Salary: £8.84 per hour
- 5 weeks holiday, plus bank holidays pro rata per annum
- 16.5 hours per week (Thursday 9:00am to 4:30pm, Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm and every third Saturday 9:00am to 3:00pm). Other weekend and out of hours work can be expected to respond to the needs of working within the leisure and tourism industry.
- Other benefits include membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, friends and family attractions ticket allowance, parking pass, discounts on food and retail products plus a number of health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Answer and handle incoming visitor attraction and Two Rivers Restaurant enquiries, bookings, customer complaints and feedback to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Process bookings including groups, Two Rivers Restaurant, Christmas parties, special events, school visits, experience days and any other products as deemed necessary.
- Type up customer comment cards and circulate to the Senior Management Team on a fortnightly basis, highlighting any complaint trends, escalating issues where necessary. Responses to any complaints must be dealt with on a daily basis.
- Routine updating of content and imagery on The Deep’s website, as well as updating a number of external websites we feature on.
- Assist with loading new products onto our online platform.
- Coordinate feedback via Survey Monkey on a variety of products as and when required.
- Coordinate the packaging and dispatch of The Deep’s online shop orders promptly.
- Ongoing administrative support to ensure GDPR compliance e.g. obtaining relevant permissions and logging details.
- Respond to incoming messages and reviews on social media e.g. Trip Advisor, Facebook and Twitter as directed by the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Assist the Graphic Designer with signage/print orders as directed.
- Assist with PR launches, media enquiries, film crews and photographers as required.
- Assist with co-ordination and delivery of special events being held by The Deep where applicable, for example conferences and other major events.
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Marketing and Communications Manager or Chief Executive.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: ESSENTIAL
- Enthusiasm for The Deep’s product.
- Excellent literacy, proof-reading and numeracy skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- IT literate, accurate and quick keyboard skills.
- Able to produce written communication (e.g. email responses) confidently, accurately, with appropriate language.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Social media experience.
- Proven ability to deal confidently and appropriately with complaint handling and resolution.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: DESIRABLE
- Experience of working productively within a busy office environment.
- Experience of taking bookings and payments over the telephone.
- Experience of working on events.
- Knowledge of the leisure and tourism industry.
- Working knowledge of consumer marketing.
- Face-to-face customer experience.
- Experience of editing websites with a CMS system.
Download and complete the online application form or collect a paper application form from The Deep visitor attraction reception or retail desk between 10am and 5pm each day. For queries please contact: Becky Leach, Marketing and Communications Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by 9am on Friday 14 February 2020. Interviews are likely to be held on Thursday 20 February and the start date for the successful applicant will be shortly thereafter.
PLEASE NOTE WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND CHECK THIS EMAIL IN-BOX REGULARLY FOR NEWS OF YOUR APPLICATION’S PROGRESS. PLEASE ALSO CHECK YOUR SPAM/JUNK FOLDER.