The role of the Catering & Corporate Event Assistants is to provide Food & Beverage support within the visitor attraction café outlets of The Deep and corporate and wedding events efficiently, with high levels of customer service.
|REPORTS TO:||Food and Beverage Manager/Assistant Food and Beverage Manager & Head of Business and Corporate|
|RATE OF PAY:||£9.50 per hour for daytime catering shifts. Evening corporate/events shifts, £9.58 per hour|
|CONTRACTS:||Normal shift length for daytime catering is between 6 and 8 hours and these usually fall between 7am and 6pm. For daytime catering shifts, as The Deep is open 7 days a week, mid-week, weekend and bank holidays need to be covered by Catering & Corporate Event Assistants. Corporate and wedding events shifts are normally between approximately 4pm and midnight (occasionally later for special events such as Christmas party nights) and most commonly fall on Thursdays, Fridays and/or Saturdays.|
|CONTRACT A (x2):||Minimum of 16 hours (average) per week. Shifts are allocated on a rota basis. Additional hours may be available in addition to the minimum contract.|
|CONTRACT B:||Variable hours contracts. You will normally be required to work as and when required. The company will endeavour to notify you of the hours you will be required to work not less than one week in advance however circumstances may dictate that you are called upon with less notice. There is no obligation to accept the hours of work offered, but we ask for a reasonable amount of notice regarding availability.|
|PLEASE NOTE:||Please note that all of these are permanent roles.|
Provide first class service to all visitors to, and clients of, The Deep, in particular to:
- Clear tables in café areas
- Set up the servery, stock shelves and serve customers from these areas
- Potwash duties, including operation of the dish washing machine for daytime and evening kitchen/catering service.
- Till operation.
- Waiting duties for wedding and corporate events (including Christmas party nights) efficiently delivering food and or drinks to the table.
- Provide event drinks service, including over-the-counter bar service as well as delivery to the table.
- Basic food preparation and kitchen support.
- Day-to-day housekeeping of all catering and event facilities to ensure clean and tidy areas and availability of clean cutlery, crockery, etc.
- Use equipment safely and properly, in line with instructions.
- Assist with the receipt of catering deliveries and their delivery to storage, having regard to safety regulations regarding lifting etc.
- Maintain effective safe food hygiene practices in accordance with guidelines laid down by the Environmental Health Office and The Deep’s F&B management.
- Maximise sales in all F&B areas to help The Deep achieve its budgeted profit levels.
- Supervise school children/teachers/groups who use our facilities to eat their own food on site.
- Lay-up and break down facilities set up for private corporate events and weddings
- Provide assistance at catered events in The Deep Business Centre.
- Effective and accurate cash handling in line with company policy
- Carry out any other duties as may be required from the Food & Beverage Manager, Assistant F&B Manager, Head of Business & Corporate, Chief Executive, or their nominated representative.
Experience of working within a catering, retail or other hospitality/front of house customer service environment.
Reliable, with a responsible attitude towards work.
Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a busy café and events environment.
Demonstrate excellence in customer care and an understanding of the needs of the customers, with the ability to empathise, maintaining professionalism whilst displaying patience and politeness within a sometimes pressurised environment.
Good awareness of how to work safely.
Enthusiasm for The Deep as a major visitor attraction and for providing a first class service, particularly within the hospitality and catering sector.
Willingness to work towards the Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
Basic food preparation and servery skills.
Demonstrate ability to work for corporate hospitality clients, appreciating the needs of private hire customers.
Good attention to detail.
Good interpersonal and customer facing skills.
Flexibility with regard to hours of work in response to customer demand.
Experience of working in catering, particularly on pot wash/till/counter/servery operation within a busy café environment.
Experience of working within a restaurant (or catered events) including waiting to table.
Cash handling experience, demonstrating accuracy and numeracy.
Cookery/food preparation skills within a commercial kitchen.
Experience in bar work and delivering a drinks service.
Holder of a current Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
Recognised training and commitment to working within catering and hospitality or the leisure and tourism industry.
Complete an application form at www.thedeep.co.uk/information/working-for-us. For queries please contact: Louise Kirby at email@example.com, 01482 381004. Applications must be received by 9am on Friday 8 July 2022.
First interviews to be held at The Deep w/c 11 July 2022, second interviews to be held w/c 18 July 2022, with start date for successful applicants as soon as possible after that time. Within your Personal Statement, complete this fully, but please also include some information about which contract(s) you are interested in and the days/evenings and hours you are normally available to work.
PLEASE NOTE WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND CHECK THIS EMAIL IN-BOX REGULARLY FOR NEWS OF YOUR APPLICATION’S PROGRESS. PLEASE ALSO CHECK YOUR JUNK/SPAM FOLDER!