Customer Enquiries Assistant works within the general office primarily to deal with incoming telephone, email and social media enquiries, whilst carrying out associated paperwork processing and general administrative office support.
This post is as a result of maternity cover, therefore the contract is temporary and will be due to end on 31 December 2017.
16.5 hours per week, covering 11am to 5pm (with 30 minutes lunchbreak) every Monday, Thursday and Friday.
Rate of pay £8.09 per hour. Reporting to the Marketing Manager.
- Answer and handle incoming general enquiries, bookings, customer complaints and feedback to maintain a high level of customer service. This will include telephone and occasional face-to-face enquiries as well as a variety of written forms, for example emails, social media messaging (eg Facebook, Twitter and TripAdvisor), post and website contact.
- Process bookings including (for example) restaurant dining, Christmas parties, special products and education visits. To include processing of payments where necessary.
- Make outgoing telephone calls and written customer and supplier contact to communicate information or, for example, to check details of bookings.
- Type up customer comment card details, responding to some as appropriate, to circulate to appropriate managers.
- Inform relevant managers of customer enquiry trends, ‘frequently asked questions’, complaints and feedback as deemed necessary, escalating enquiries as may be required.
- Administration support as required within the Marketing Department and general office, for example database management.
- Assist with The Deep’s on-line retailing sales, including sales processing, packaging and despatch of goods.
- Liaison with other departments as necessary to pass on messages and information.
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required from the Marketing Manager, Chief Executive, or their nominated representative.
- Excellent telephone manner, able to communicate complicated information effectively and with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to understand, retain and relay information clearly about products and services.
- Commitment to customer service excellence.
- Excellent literacy skills to confidently correspond with people, for example by email, letter and social media, in an appropriate and accurate manner.
- Confident in using different social media platforms, for example Facebook and Twitter, to be able to answer general enquiries in this way.
- Efficient and well organised, with good paperwork skills.
- Accurate and able to process financial transactions confidently.
- Ability to work calmly within a busy office environment.
- Experience of working with complex telephone enquiries.
- Enthusiasm for The Deep and for working within the leisure & tourism industry.
- Computer literate with some keyboard skills, to be able to use email proficiently, produce basic Word documents or carry out data entry.
- Good understanding of the tourism product in Hull, UK’s City of Culture 2017, and the surrounding area.
- Knowledge of accessible tourism.
- Experience of working on a helpdesk/reception or similar.
- Prior training/qualifications in relevant subjects including, for example, telephone skills, office administration, customer service.
Please complete and submit an on-line application form clicking on the link below.
Contact for enquiries: Louise Kirby, The Deep, Hull, HU1 4DP (firstname.lastname@example.org), 01482 381004. Applications must be received by 9am on Monday 16 January 2017.