To engage existing and new audiences via The Deep’s social media and digital outputs and to assist in the production of graphic materials in support of the exhibition and educational productions.
|REPORTS TO:||Head of Communications & Marketing|
|RATE OF PAY:||£23575 per annum|
|CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEME:||LGPS East Riding Pension Fund|
|HOLIDAYS:||25 days plus bank holidays per annum|
|HOURS OF WORK:||39 hours per week with hours, normally Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend and evening work to meet the needs of a busy tourist attraction which operates throughout the week.|
- Responsible for social media account management, including the creation of engaging and creative content via videos and photographic content for The Deep’s channels including (but not limited to) Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Create and run social media campaigns across multiple channels both organic and paid for to achieve measurable results.
- Put into action marketing strategies in relation to visual communications as part of the Marketing Team.
- Create visual assets for retail and catering outlets and the attractions’ events calendar within the Marketing Team’s programme of work.
- Explore new digital outputs/social media and how to enhance The Deep’s commercial and charitable offerings currently, for example, #learnwithtiktok
- Maintain order and manage The Deep’s internal image drive, ensuring images are filed and named in a logical and easy to use way. Send out images to external organisations ensuring proper credits.
- Create web banners and digital adverts as briefed and required by the Marketing Team.
- Ensure outputs meet The Deep brand, with brand guidelines adhered to, correct language, tone and imagery for example.
- Liaise with a range of departments within The Deep, for example Aquarists, Guides and Education to create content that utilises the creativity, skills and knowledge of others.
- Assisting the Curator in science communication, digital displays and graphical elements of exhibits.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new digital solutions and initiatives.
- Assist with the organisation and direction of photoshoots and events.
- Create infographics to communicate different subject matters relating to The Deep’s charitable aims.
- To create and support additional graphic materials in relation to exhibition content, infographics and print.
- Provide excellent customer service by answering phone calls and replying to customer enquiries by email and through social media, responding accordingly through (for example) booking visitors in using the online ticketing system.
- Related subject Degree such as Graphic Design, Digital Marketing, or equivalent level qualification, knowledge, skills and experience.
- Excellent design skills and knowledge of design theory including font selection, composition and what makes for an impactful and accessible image.
- Creative and technical innovation skills to create engaging content and powerful messages.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with good attention to detail.
- Good copywriting skills and excellent proof reading.
- Knowledge of Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign or equivalent such as Spark and Canva.
- Video and photo editing skills.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Enthusiasm for The Deep, digital communication and customer service.
- Confident in multi-tasking within a bustling office environment, delivering direct general customer service.
- Confident in responding quickly to new, unexpected, digital content and marketing opportunities.
- Knowledge of how to maximise reach and engagement across all channels.
- Knowledge and depth of understanding of the social media platforms available along with the target markets and styles of each.
- Flexibility with regard to hours and days of work to respond to patterns of workload within the tourism industry.
- Digital and graphic design portfolio available for presentation at the interview stage and can be digitally signposted within your application.
- Ability to research social media trends, adapting workflow to new opportunities.
- Basic understanding of animation and/or a capacity and willingness to learn.
- Although this role is mainly digital based, a knowledge of design for print would be advantageous for necessary print work for the attraction.
- Experience within the leisure and tourism industry would be advantageous.
TO APPLY: Please complete the online application below. Contact for enquiries: Louise Kirby, Director of Operations & People, The Deep, Hull, HU1 4DP (firstname.lastname@example.org), 01482 381004. Applications must be received by 9am on Monday 19 April 2021. Please include within your application, if possible, a signpost to your portfolio of work. First interviews to be held by Zoom w/c 19 April 2021, second interviews to be held at The Deep shortly thereafter. PLEASE NOTE WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND CHECK THIS EMAIL IN-BOX REGULARLY FOR NEWS OF YOUR APPLICATION’S PROGRESS.