To support the finance function within The Deep, to provide accurate financial information to a range of users in a timely manner and to include occasional relief cashiering.
|REPORTS TO:||Finance Officer|
|RATE OF PAY:||£22701 per annum pro-rata (£13970)|
|CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEME||LGPS East Riding Pension Fund|
|HOLIDAYS||5 weeks holidays plus Bank Holidays pro-rata|
|HOURS OF WORK||24 hours per week. Rota pattern to be agreed with the successful candidate over Monday to Friday office hours to fit in with business requirements. For example 3 x 8 hour days, 4 x 6 hour days, etc.|
- Maintain the purchase ledgers for all Deep companies, including liaison with suppliers, clients and customers as appropriate.
- Reconcile and record daily takings by trading area (including on-line trading).
- Perform general financial administration for The Deep companies eg. update spreadsheets, deal with incoming/outgoing post, file, deal with incoming telephone calls etc.
- Assist in the preparation of Gift Aid claims for onward submission to HMRC.
- Reconcile (and post) monthly company credit card bills.
- Reconcile (and post) petty cash transactions.
- Ensure that the stationery required is always in plentiful supply by raising timely orders for its replenishment (for the cashroom, finance office and main admin office).
- Provide administrative support to the monthly payroll function as required.
- Assist in the maintenance of the sales ledgers for all Deep companies, including liaison with customers as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate, orderly, up-to-date hard copy and computerised information systems (including finance and ticketing).
- Liaison with Deep Crew, customers and clients as required.
- Assist in the preparation of information for external auditors.
- Take minutes of meetings, as required.
- Undertake other related duties in support of, and as required by, the Finance Officer/Finance Director.
- To fulfil the role of relief Cashier:
- Count and reconcile daily takings to till returns from all trading areas (admissions, bookings, retail, catering, car park etc).
- Summarise daily takings by trading area
- Collate notes and coins into the correct denominations in readiness for banking
- When appropriate, prepare the day’s banking ready for secure collection and deal with the collection
- Prepare ‘floats’ for all tills
- Reconcile cash withdrawals and prepare till floats.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal with colleagues, suppliers, clients and visitors.
- Good numeracy and administration skills.
- IT literate.
- Excellent attention to detail and able to prioritise work.
- Able to work effectively on own initiative and take responsibility for tasks.
- Good time management.
- Enthusiasm for The Deep.
- Confident and pleasant telephone manner.
- Knowledge of financial systems.
- Experience of financial environments.
- Experience of computerised finance systems, ideally SAGE.
- Experience of cash handling.
TO APPLY: Please complete an application form on-line at www.thedeep.co.uk/information/working-for-us. Contact for enquiries: Louise Kirby, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01482 381004. Applications must be received by 9am on Monday 24th May 2021. It is likely that interviews will be held during the week of 1 June 2021. PLEASE NOTE WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND CHECK THIS EMAIL IN-BOX REGULARLY FOR NEWS OF YOUR APPLICATION’S PROGRESS.