The Deep’s Marketing Officer reports to the Marketing Manager, assisting in the implementation of the marketing strategy for all aspects of the attraction’s commercial activities.
The officer drives the successful implementation of the company plan to maximise footfall, visitor spend, corporate events and brand promotion.
Previous marketing knowledge is key for this post, ideally gained within the leisure and tourism industry. Excellent copywriting skills are required for impact within traditional and new media.
Salary - £22,888 per annum pro rata (£12,518). Average of 21.33 hours per week on a rolling three week rota (Week 1 – 19.5 hours, Week 2 – 19.5 hours, Week 3 – 25 hours).
- Copywriting material for a variety of products (e.g. print, displays and on-line) to promote all areas of Deep activity, including the visitor attraction, evening restaurant and corporate products, learning centre and conservation projects.
- Pro-actively control digital marketing opportunities through creative use of social media (in conjunction with the Marketing Manager). Channels include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and You Tube.
- Develop and maintain The Deep’s website ensuring accurate, up to date content is featured at all times.
- Assist with product and service development, for example helping to plan special events.
- Generate news stories and co-ordinate media, plus actively seek out future opportunities for print and online.
- Answer and handle incoming general enquiries and bookings, customer complaints and feedback to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Assist with the organisation of PR launches, press story enquiries, liaison with/booking of film crews and photographers as required.
- Liaison with the Graphic Designer to support work on exhibition displays/panels, customer information and point of sale material.
- Administration support as required within the Marketing Department and general office.
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required from the Marketing Manager, Chief Executive, or their nominated representative.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: ESSENTIAL
- Enthusiasm for The Deep’s product.
- Marketing degree and/or substantial equivalent marketing experience.
- Ability to demonstrate creative and accurate copywriting for specific target markets.
- Experience of carrying out social media in a professional capacity.
- Excellent literacy and proof-reading skills.
- First rate customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Well organised, with strong project and event management skills and ability to prioritise.
- Ability to brief The Deep’s Graphic Designer (when appropriate).
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Good research skills with the ability to interpret consumer data and statistics.
- Experience of business to consumer marketing.
- Ability to use website CMS systems.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: DESIRABLE
- Knowledge of the leisure and tourism industry.
- Scientific knowledge – with a focus on the marine world.
- Working knowledge of business to business marketing.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Marketing or evidence of carrying out marketing related Continuing Professional Development
- Understanding/experience of Crisis PR.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Hours of work - Monday 9:00 to 4:00 (6.5 hours), Tuesday 9:00 to 4:00 (6.5 hours), Wednesday 9:00 to 4:00 (6.5 hours). Plus one Saturday in three on a rolling rota – 9:00 to 3:00 (5.5 hours)
- 5 weeks holiday per annum, plus Bank Holidays pro rata.
- Average of 21.33 hours per week on a rolling three week rota (Week 1 – 19.5 hours, Week 2 – 19.5 hours, Week 3 – 25 hours).
- Other weekend and out of hours work can be expected to respond to the needs of working within the leisure and tourism industry and providing essential telephone cover as part of the general office rota.
Complete the online application form. Contact for enquiries: Becky Leach, Marketing and Communications Manager, The Deep, Hull, HU1 4DP (email@example.com), 01482 381092.
Applications must be received by 9am on Monday 2 December. Interviews are likely to be held on Thursday 5 or Friday 6 December 2019.
PLEASE NOTE WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND CHECK THIS EMAIL IN-BOX REGULARLY FOR NEWS OF YOUR APPLICATION’S PROGRESS.