The role of the Restaurant & Catering Assistant is to provide support within all restaurant (Two Rivers Restaurant), corporate and visitor attraction café outlets of The Deep efficiently, with high levels of customer service. Rate of pay £8.21 per hour for daytime catering shifts and evening corporate/restaurant shifts.
- Provide first class service to all visitors to The Deep, in particular to:
- Clear tables in all restaurant and café areas
- Set up the servery and salad bar, stock shelves and serve customers from these areas
- Potwash duties, including operation of the dish washing machine for daytime and evening kitchen/catering service.
- Till operation
- Basic food preparation and kitchen support
- Waiting duties for restaurant and corporate events (including Christmas party nights) efficiently delivering food to table.
- Provide restaurant and event drinks service, including over-the-counter bar service as well as delivery to the table.
- Day-to-day housekeeping of all restaurant and catering facilities to ensure clean and tidy areas and availability of clean cutlery, crockery, etc.
- Use equipment safely and properly, in line with instructions.
- As and when required, assist with the receipt of catering deliveries and their delivery to storage, having regard to safety regulations regarding lifting etc.
- To maintain effective safe food hygiene practices in accordance with guidelines laid down by the Environmental Health Office and The Deep’s catering management.
- To maximise sales in all catering areas to help The Deep achieve its budgeted profit levels.
- To supervise school children/teachers/groups who use our facilities to eat their own food on site.
- To lay up and break down facilities set up for private catering events or Two Rivers Restaurant on site.
- Provide assistance at catered events in The Deep Business Centre.
- Effective and accurate cash handling in line with company policy
- To carry out any other duties as may be required from the Food & Beverage Manager, Restaurant Supervisor, Catering Supervisors or Chief Executive, or their nominated representative.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: ESSENTIAL
- Reliable, with a responsible attitude towards work.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a busy restaurant and café environment.
- Demonstrate excellence in customer care and an understanding of the needs of the customers, with the ability to empathise, maintain professionalism whilst displaying patience and politeness within a sometimes pressurised environment.
- Good awareness of how to work safely.
- Enthusiasm for The Deep as a major visitor attraction and for providing a first class service, particularly within the hospitality and catering sector.
- Willingness to work towards the Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Basic food preparation and servery skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work for corporate hospitality clients, appreciating the needs of private hire customers.
- Good attention to detail.
- Smart appearance.
- Good interpersonal and customer facing skills.
- Flexibility with regard to hours of work in response to customer demand.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: DESIRABLE
- Experience of working in catering, particularly on pot wash/till/counter/servery operation within a busy café environment.
- Cash handling experience, demonstrating accuracy and numeracy.
- Cookery/food preparation skills within a commercial kitchen.
- Experience in bar work and delivering a drinks service.
- Holder of a current Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Recognised training and commitment to working within catering and hospitality or the leisure and tourism industry.
Download and complete the online application form. For queries please contact: Louise Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org, 01482 381004. First round interviews are likely to be held on Tuesday 9th and Wednesday 10th July 2019, with full interviews on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th July. Deadline for receipt of completed application forms: 5pm, Tuesday 2nd July 2019.
Within your Personal Statement, complete this fully, but please also include some information about the days and hours you are normally available to work.
PLEASE NOTE WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND CHECK THIS EMAIL IN-BOX REGULARLY FOR NEWS OF YOUR APPLICATION’S PROGRESS.