The role of the Restaurant & Catering Assistants is to provide F&B support within all restaurant (Two Rivers Restaurant), corporate and visitor attraction café outlets of The Deep efficiently, with high levels of customer service.
Rates of pay - £8.30 per hour for daytime catering shifts. Evening corporate/restaurant shifts, £8.46 per hour.
You will normally be required to work as and when required. The company will endeavour to notify you of the hours you will be required to work not less than one week in advance however circumstances may dictate that you are called upon with less notice. There is no obligation to accept the hours of work offered, but we ask for a reasonable amount of notice regarding availability.
Normal shift length for daytime catering is between 6 and 8 hours and these usually fall between 7am and 6pm.
For daytime catering shifts, as The Deep is open 7 days a week, mid-week, weekend and bank holidays need to be covered by Restaurant & Catering Assistants.
For restaurant and corporate events shifts are normally between approximately 5pm and midnight (occasionally later for special events such as Christmas party nights) and most commonly fall on Thursdays, Fridays and/or Saturdays.
Please note that these are permanent roles.
- Provide first class service to all visitors to, and clients of, The Deep, in particular to:
Clear tables in all restaurant and café areas
Set up the servery, stock shelves and serve customers from these areas
Potwash duties, including operation of the dish washing machine for daytime and evening kitchen/catering service.
Waiting duties for restaurant and corporate events (including Christmas party nights) efficiently delivering food to table.
Provide restaurant and event drinks service, including over-the-counter bar service as well as delivery to the table
Basic food preparation and kitchen support.
- Day-to-day housekeeping of all restaurant and catering facilities to ensure clean and tidy areas and availability of clean cutlery, crockery, etc
- Use equipment safely and properly, in line with instructions.
- As and when required, assist with the receipt of catering deliveries and their delivery to storage, having regard to safety regulations regarding lifting etc.
- To maintain effective safe food hygiene practices in accordance with guidelines laid down by the Environmental Health Office and The Deep’s F&B management.
- To maximise sales in all F&B areas to help The Deep achieve its budgeted profit levels.
- To supervise school children/teachers/groups who use our facilities to eat their own food on site.
- To lay up and break down facilities set up for private catering events and Two Rivers Restaurant on site.
- Provide assistance at catered events in The Deep Business Centre.
- Effective and accurate cash handling in line with company policy
- To carry out any other duties as may be required from the Food & Beverage Manager, Restaurant & Events Supervisor/Maitre d’, Assistant F&B Manager, Head of Business & Corporate or Chief Executive, or their nominated representative.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: ESSENTIAL
- Reliable, with a responsible attitude towards work.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a busy restaurant and café environment.
- Demonstrate excellence in customer care and an understanding of the needs of the customers, with the ability to empathise, maintain professionalism whilst displaying patience and politeness within a sometimes pressurised environment.
- Good awareness of how to work safely.
- Enthusiasm for The Deep as a major visitor attraction and for providing a first class service, particularly within the hospitality and catering sector.
- Willingness to work towards the Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Basic food preparation and servery skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work for corporate hospitality clients, appreciating the needs of private hire customers.
- Good attention to detail.
- Smart appearance.
- Good interpersonal and customer facing skills.
- Flexibility with regard to hours of work in response to customer demand.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: DESIRABLE
- Experience of working in catering, particularly on pot wash/till/counter/servery operation within a busy café environment.
- Experience of working within a restaurant (or catered events) including waiting to table.
- Cash handling experience, demonstrating accuracy and numeracy.
- Cookery/food preparation skills within a commercial kitchen.
- Experience in bar work and delivering a drinks service.
- Holder of a current Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Recognised training and commitment to working within catering and hospitality or the leisure and tourism industry.
For queries please contact: Louise Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org, 01482 381004. First round interviews are likely to be held on Monday 27 or Tuesday 28 January 2020, with full interviews shortly thereafter. Deadline for receipt of completed application forms: 9am, Tuesday 21 January 2020. Within your Personal Statement, complete this fully, but please also include some information about the days/evenings and hours you are normally available to work.
PLEASE NOTE WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND CHECK THIS EMAIL IN-BOX REGULARLY FOR NEWS OF YOUR APPLICATION’S PROGRESS. PLEASE ALSO CHECK YOUR JUNK/SPAM FOLDER!