The role of the Retail Assistants is to display and sell merchandise to visitors of The Deep efficiently, with high levels of customer service.
1 x 8 hour shift per week normally to be rota’d between 10am and 6.30pm, although some early starts and late finishes can be expected to respond to events within the attraction. This shift may fall on any day of the week, including Saturdays and Sundays on a rota basis. Rotas are produced at least 4 weeks in advance. Additional hours may be available (particularly during peak holiday, stocktake, weekend and bank holiday periods including Christmas and New Year) and would be paid at your normal hourly rate. This is a permanent contract.
Please confirm in your application your availability to work.
REPORTS TO: Retail Manager/Retail Supervisor
RATES OF PAY: £7.83 per hour
- Effective and accurate cash handling, in line with company procedures.
- Effective and accurate till operation.
- Provide first class customer service.
- Pro-active customer interaction to upsell products and The Deep.
- Day-to-day housekeeping to ensure a clean, tidy and safe retail area.
- Answer queries about The Deep, along with other tourist information (directions, advice, etc).
- Taking deliveries, including checking and storage of consignments.
- Stock arrangement, using visual merchandising to maximise sales, as directed by the Retail Manager and Supervisor.
- In conjunction with Retail Manager, ensure first class security, dealing with incidents appropriately, as per company policy, to minimise incidents of actual or attempted shoplifting.
- Any other tasks and projects identified by the Retail Manager or his nominated representative.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: ESSENTIAL
- Good numeracy skills for cash handling, till operation and end-of-day calculations.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, with fantastic interpersonal skills, showing an understanding of customers’ needs.
- Enthusiasm for The Deep, for Hull, and for working in a retail/leisure and tourism environment.
- Ability to manual handle safely (with correct guidance and equipment) eg boxes of stock.
- Attention to detail with a neat and tidy approach to work.
- Excellent personal presentation, smart appearance, polite and courteous.
- Good availability to work during peak periods.
- Reliable, with a responsible attitude towards work.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: DESIRABLE
- Recognised relevant training and/or experience showing a commitment to working within retail and/or the leisure and tourism industry.
- Knowledge of the local area to be able to answer tourists’ queries.
- Cash handling experience.
- Proven customer service skills/customer service training.
- Till operation skills.
- Undergone recognised training in manual handling
Download and complete an application form on-line at www.thedeep.co.uk or collect a paper application form from The Deep Visitor Attraction reception or retail desk between 10am and 5pm each day. For queries please contact: Louise Kirby at email@example.com, 01482 381004.. First round interviews are likely to be held on Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th October, with second interviews taking place on or around 19th October 2018. Deadline for receipt of completed application forms: 5pm, Wednesday 10th October 2018.
If you are interested in applying for other current jobs at The Deep (eg Restaurant & Catering Assistant) you must complete separate specific applications for each job role.
PLEASE NOTE WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND CHECK THIS EMAIL IN-BOX REGULARLY FOR NEWS OF YOUR APPLICATION’S PROGRESS.