The role of the Retail Assistants is to display and sell merchandise to visitors of The Deep efficiently, within the DeepArtment Store, with high levels of customer service.
|REPORTS TO:||Retail Manager & Retail Supervisor|
|CONTRACT ONE:||One 6 hour shift per week normally to be rota’d between 12 noon and 6.30pm every Saturday.|
|CONTRACT TWO:||One 8 hour shift per week normally to be rota’d between 8am and 4.30pm every Sunday. For all contracts, occasional earlier starts and later finishes can be expected to respond to events within the attraction. Additional hours may be available (particularly during peak holiday, stocktake, weekend and bank holiday periods including the Christmas and New Year period) and would be paid at your normal hourly rate.|
|PLEASE NOTE:||These are permanent contracts. Please state clearly in the Personal Statement section of your application which contract (or contracts) you are interested in and your general availability to work.|
- Effective and accurate cash handling, in line with company procedures.
- Effective and accurate till operation.
- Provide first class customer service.
- Pro-active customer interaction to upsell products and promote The Deep.
- Day-to-day housekeeping to ensure a clean, tidy and safe retail area.
- Answer queries about The Deep, along with other tourist information (directions, advice, etc).
- Taking deliveries, including checking and storage of consignments.
- Stock arrangement, using visual merchandising to maximise sales, as directed by the Retail Manager and Supervisor.
- In conjunction with Retail Manager, ensure first class security, dealing with incidents appropriately, as per company policy, to minimise incidents of actual or attempted shoplifting.
- Any other tasks and projects identified by the Retail Manager or their nominated representative.
- Good numeracy skills for cash handling, till operation and end-of-day calculations.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, with fantastic interpersonal skills, showing an understanding of customers’ needs.
- Enthusiasm for The Deep, for Hull, and for working in a retail/leisure and tourism environment.
- Ability to manual handle safely (with correct guidance and equipment) eg boxes of stock.
- Attention to detail with a neat and tidy approach to work.
- Excellent personal presentation, smart appearance, polite and courteous.
- Good availability to work during peak periods.
- Reliable, with a responsible attitude towards work.
- Experience of working within a retail, catering or other hospitality/front of house customer service environment.
- Recognised relevant training and/or experience showing a commitment to working within retail and/or the leisure and tourism industry.
- Knowledge of the local area to be able to answer tourists’ queries.
- Cash handling experience.
- Proven customer service skills/customer service training.
- Till operation skills.
- Undergone recognised training in manual handling
TO APPLY: Please complete an application form on-line at www.thedeep.co.uk/information/working-for-us. Contact for enquiries: Louise Kirby, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01482 381004. Applications must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 29th June 2022. It is likely that interviews will be held week commencing 4 July 2022.
PLEASE NOTE WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND CHECK THIS EMAIL IN-BOX REGULARLY FOR NEWS OF YOUR APPLICATION’S PROGRESS.