The role of the 3rd Chef is to help the Head Chef and the team primarily to prepare and deliver evening restaurant and corporate meals to a high standard, with occasional support for the day-time café facilities.
Rate of pay: £9.51 per hour. An average minimum of 15 hours per week. You will normally work an average of 15 hours per week, to normally include Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, plus remaining hours on a rota basis across the other days/nights as required for preparation and delivery.
By working at The Deep you can benefit from 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays pro rata per annum, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, friends & family attraction ticket allowance, parking pass, discounts on food and retail products, plus a number of health and wellbeing initiatives.
The Deep’s Two Rivers Restaurant opens most Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights offering a unique ‘dining with sharks’ experience. The venue also hosts a variety of corporate hospitality functions including business events, weddings and Christmas parties on these, and other, days. See www.thedeep.co.uk/two-rivers-restaurant and www.thedeep.co.uk/corporate-private-hire for more information. Having been open since 2005 the Two Rivers Restaurant has built up strong reputation as a pop up, special occasion restaurant.
- Alongside the Head Chef, plan, organise and prepare a selection of meals to a high standard within the food legislation, whilst keeping up with new ideas and trends, working within the allocated budget and minimising waste, for all areas of The Deep catering facility.
- Shifts may include both 1st and 3rd floor kitchens at The Deep, with food preparation for daytime menus in Two Rivers and Castaways cafes plus kitchen support for the evening Two Rivers Restaurant and corporate product, particularly starters and deserts including quality, temperature, timing, portion controlling and presentation.
- To maintain a high standard of hygiene and be responsible for the accurate adherence to all environmental and health board requirements as legislated.
- To be responsible for stock rotation and help with the day-to-day ordering and supplier liaison.
- To clean down all kitchen equipment throughout the period and at the end of service.
- To report any faulty equipment.
- To work closely with the Food & Beverage Manager, Head Chef, Chief Executive or their nominated representative to ensure the smooth running of The Deep’s catering, restaurant and corporate facility.
- Ensure that the company’s policy on Health and Safety is adhered to by you and your colleagues.
- Any other duties as requested by Food & Beverage Manager or their nominated representative.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: ESSENTIAL
- Experience and ability to prepare, cook and serve a variety of dishes to the required standard within a commercial kitchen.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with visitors of all ages, suppliers and colleagues throughout the organisation.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Awareness and understanding of food allergen and intolerance issues.
- Ability to work under pressure, quickly, effectively and efficiently within a busy commercial kitchen environment.
- Demonstrate excellence in customer care and an understanding of the needs of the customers.
- The ability to manual handle safely (with correct guidance and equipment) eg boxes, tables, chairs.
- Enthusiasm for The Deep as a major visitor attraction.
- Reliable, with a responsible attitude towards work.
- Capable of making good working relationships within a large team.
- Flexibility with regard to hours of work in response to customer demand, as per the requirements of the contract.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: DESIRABLE
- Trained to a recognised standard in cookery skills.
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate or other appropriate level qualification and/or experience.
- Experience of dealing with (and/or formal training in) food allergen and intolerance issues.
- Undergone recognised training in manual handling.
Complete the application form. For queries please contact: Louise Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org, 01482 381004. Interviews are likely to be held on 12th or 13th August 2019, with second interview and a paid trial shift for the preferred candidate(s) likely to be w/c 19th August 2019. Deadline for receipt of completed application forms: 9am, Wednesday 7th August 2019.
PLEASE NOTE WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND CHECK THIS EMAIL IN-BOX REGULARLY FOR NEWS OF YOUR APPLICATION’S PROGRESS