The Deep requires Receptionists to sell tickets and merchandise to visitors of the attraction efficiently, with high levels of customer service, whilst maximising the take up of the Day Plus Pass scheme.
You will normally be required to work as and when required. While the company will endeavour to notify you of the hours you will be required to work not less than one week in advance circumstances may dictate, however, that you are called upon with less notice. There is no obligation to accept the hours of work offered, but we ask for a reasonable amount of notice of unavailability. As The Deep is open 7 days a week, weekend and bank holidays need to be covered by Receptionists. Normal shift patterns fall between the hours of 9.30am and 6pm and are normally a minimum of 4 hours, to a maximum of 8 hours. Applications are particularly welcome from those with good availability at weekends, during our peak school holiday periods and bank holidays (including Christmas and New Year). These are permanent contracts. Rate of pay £8.33/hr (plus holiday pay).
Please include information about your general availability to work within the personal statement section of your application.
- Operate PC-based ticketing machines and tills for the sale of entrance tickets and merchandise from the front-of-house ticketing points or shop/retail area.
- Process customer payments in all relevant forms (eg credit/debit cards, vouchers, cash).
- Greet all visitors to The Deep and ascertain their requirements.
- Maximise take up of Day Plus Pass scheme by visitors by explaining annual pass ticketing, Gift Aid and administering any relevant forms.
- Maximise additional sales (eg season tickets, guide books and offers).
- Display stock in shop, as directed, and operate retail tills, providing cover and assistance to the retail area.
- Carry out cashing-up and produce end-of-day reports as required by Management.
- Maintain a high level of service to customers, communicating general information about their visit to The Deep and the City of Hull.
- Liaise with managers/supervisors in order to handle ticket sales/reception services for pre-booked groups, contractors and other visitors to The Deep.
- Operate internal communications systems within The Deep to relay information to colleagues. This may include 2-way radios, tannoy system, internal telephones and mobile phones.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure efficient and safe customer flow through the foyer and Visitor Attraction, assisting with the management of queues, car parking and fire evacuations.
- Ensure a clean, tidy and efficient reception, foyer and car park area.
- Attend to lost property and left luggage.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: ESSENTIAL
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, able to deliver complex information quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining first class service.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a busy and challenging customer-facing environment, with a high awareness of the need for excellent customer service.
- Previous experience of dealing face to face with a wide range of customers and meeting their needs (eg overseas tourists, children, people with disabilities).
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Experience in over-the-counter sales, cash-handling, and sales processing.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Good administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Confidence, assertiveness and self-motivation.
- Flexibility with regard to hours of work in response to customer demand.
- Confidence in working within a high-tech environment.
- Enthusiasm for The Deep as a major visitor attraction
PERSON SPECIFICATION: DESIRABLE
- Reception/customer service desk experience.
- One-to-one sales experience.
- Experience in stock rotation and display of goods for sale.
- Appreciation of the tourism industry, especially in the City of Hull, and the needs of visitors/tourists.
TO APPLY: Download and complete an application form or collect a paper application form from The Deep visitor attraction reception or retail desk between 10am and 5pm each day. For queries please contact: Louise Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org, 01482 381004. First interviews are likely to be held on Monday 18th and Tuesday 19th June, with second interviews taking place on or before 25th June 2018. Deadline for receipt of completed application forms: 9am, Friday 15 June 2018.
PLEASE NOTE WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND CHECK THIS EMAIL IN-BOX REGULARLY FOR NEWS OF YOUR APPLICATION’S PROGRESS.