The Deep requires Receptionists to sell tickets and merchandise to visitors of the attraction efficiently, with high levels of customer service, whilst maximising the take up of the Day Plus Pass scheme.
REPORTING TO: Reception Manager
8 hours per week minimum contract, working 4 hours (10am-2pm) every Saturday and Sunday. Additional hours may also be available on these days and others and shift patterns fall between the hours of 9.30am and 6pm and are normally a minimum of 4 hours, to a maximum of 8 hours. Rotas are agreed and published a few weeks in advance for diary planning.
Rate of pay £8.09/hr.
- Operate PC-based ticketing machines and tills for the sale of entrance tickets and merchandise from the front-of-house ticketing points or shop/retail area.
- Process customer payments in all relevant forms (eg credit/debit cards, vouchers,cash).
- Greet all visitors to The Deep and ascertain their requirements.
- Maximise take up of Day Plus Pass scheme by visitors by explaining annual pass ticketing, Gift Aid and administering any relevant forms.
- Maximise additional sales (eg season tickets, guide books and offers).
- Display stock in shop, as directed, and operate retail tills, providing cover and assistance to the retail area.
- Carry out cashing-up and produce end-of-day reports as required by Management.
- Maintain a high level of service to customers, communicating general information about their visit to The Deep and the City of Hull.
- Liaise with managers/supervisors in order to handle ticket sales/reception services for pre-booked groups, contractors and other visitors to The Deep.
- Operate internal communications systems within The Deep to relay information to colleagues. This may include 2-way radios, tannoy system, internal telephones and mobile phones.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure efficient and safe customer flow through the foyer and Visitor Attraction, assisting with the management of queues, car parking and fire evacuations.
- Ensure a clean, tidy and efficient reception, foyer and car park area.
- Attend to lost property and left luggage.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: ESSENTIAL
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills, able to deliver complex information quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining first class service.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a busy and challenging customer-facing environment, with a high awareness of the need for excellent customer service.
- Previous experience of dealing face to face with a wide range of customers and meeting their needs (eg overseas tourists, children, people with disabilities).
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Experience in over-the-counter sales, cash-handling, and sales processing.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Good administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Confidence, assertiveness and self-motivation.
- Flexibility with regard to hours of work in response to customer demand.
- Confidence in working within a high-tech environment.
- Enthusiasm for The Deep as a major visitor attraction
PERSON SPECIFICATION: DESIRABLE
- Reception/customer service desk experience.
- One-to-one sales experience.
- Experience in stock rotation and display of goods for sale.
- Appreciation of the tourism industry, especially in the City of Hull, and the needs of visitors/tourists.
Download and complete an application form from www.thedeep.co.uk/jobs or collect a paper application form from The Deep visitor attraction reception or retail desk between 10am and 5pm each day. For queries please contact: Louise Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org, 01482 381004. First round interviews are likely to be held on 23rd and 24th October 2017, with full interviews then to follow. Deadline for receipt of completed application forms: 9am, Wednesday 18th October 2017.
PLEASE NOTE WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND CHECK THIS EMAIL IN-BOX REGULARLY FOR NEWS OF YOUR APPLICATION’S PROGRESS.