Use of Site
We authorise you to view and download the materials at this Web site (“Site”) only for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that we retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials or any copies of the materials. For purposes of these Terms, any use of these materials on any other Web site or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. The materials at this Site are copyrighted and any unauthorised use of any materials at this Site may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You may print and download portions of material from the different areas of the Site solely for your own non-commercial use.
Tickets Purchased Online
Tickets bought online still require you to join the main queue and only become active 1 hour after purchase. Tickets allow free repeat visits for a period of 12 months (conditions and exclusions apply – see Day Plus Pass). As part of the ticket purchasing process, you decide on what date you would like your 12 month pass to start. Where too many tickets have been purchased (or where a customer may have duplicated an entire purchase in error), refunds are available. These can be processed by the finance department during the office hours of Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm on 01482 381000 (option 6).
Choosing to Gift Aid your admission will not cost you a penny more, but would enable The Deep, a registered charity, to benefit from an additional 25p from the UK Government for every £1 of your admission.
The Deep would be very grateful if you are willing to Gift Aid your admission as it would help support our charitable work.
If you agree to Gift Aid your admission as part of purchasing tickets online then, in making this donation, you confirm that these tickets have been purchased for you and your family and that you are a UK taxpayer and have accepted that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations then it would be your responsibility to pay any difference. Gift Aid declarations can be cancelled by writing to us within 30 days of purchase.
Registered Charity number 1073254. EMIH Ltd, The Deep, HULL, HU1 4DP
Day Plus Pass
The Day Plus Pass allows you, and those with you on the day of your visit, to return to The Deep free of charge for a 12 month period at no extra cost!
The way in which the Day Plus Pass is administered has changed. The system is now fully electronic and your details will be stored on our database. If you still have a paper Day Plus Pass, this has now expired.
On your first visit, you will be asked at reception if you wish to take up the Day Plus Pass. If you say yes, our team will take your details and a photograph will be taken. There is no charge for this.
On your next visit after purchase, you will be required to give your name and postcode to match up to our system. If possible, please keep your original tickets safe and bring them with you on the day. Anyone listed on the Day Plus Pass can visit individually. Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Please note, this ticket does not allow you to 'queue jump' - you must join the main queue in order to get it verified.
If possible, we would ask you to bring along the tickets from your original visit. If you have mis-placed these, please don't worry. We are able to find your Day Plus Pass details at reception if you can tell us the name, address and postcode that was given on your original visit. We are then able to check the photograph of your party to match the details.
If you are unsure of these details, please call us in advance of your visit on 01482 381000. Sadly we are unable to allow free entry if these details do not match.
Goods purchased online or from The Deep
The Deep complies fully with the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Should you not be happy with any goods purchased from us, please get in touch.
If you have booked any of The Deep's experience products (including Junior Keeper Day, 1:1 Experience, Proposal or Dive sign), and cancel these with less than one month's notice, we are unable to offer a refund. For Sleepovers, we require more than six week's notice for cancellation. After this time, it is at our discretion to allow you to move to another date, subject to availability.
Modification of Terms
We may modify these Terms at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms. You agree to review these Terms periodically to be aware of such modifications and your continued access or use of the site shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified terms.
Trademarks or Copyright
Trademarks used or displayed on this site are trademarks of this site or its affiliates or third party owners. Nothing contained on this site is to be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right of use of any such trademark without our prior written permission or such third party owner.
Discounts and offers
The Deep may, from time to time offer discounts, the nature of which will be explained in the appropriate channel such as posters, leaflets, social media posts etc. Unless otherwise stated, discounted tickets do entitle the user to the Day Plus Pass. Any complimentary/free tickets do not. Discounted tickets may only be available to purchase for a limited time.
ONE CHILD GOES FREE WITH TWO PAYING ADULTS OFFER - This voucher entitles the holder to one free child (aged 3-15) ticket with the purchase of two paying adult tickets (including tickets purchased online and family tickets). Adult tickets are valid for The Deep’s Day Plus Pass Scheme, the free child is not. Offer includes adult tickets bought online. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult. Voucher is only valid once and must be surrendered at the ticket office at the time of use. Photocopies will not be accepted. Not for resale. Not to be used with any other offer or discount. The Deep’s general T&C’s apply.
Competition terms and conditions
By entering a Deep competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules
- Each entrant must be a resident in the UK to enter this competition. The email address provided in the competition may be used to send prizes so please make sure it is correct.
- Employees of The Deep and their families (as applicable) are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Proof of posting is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged or otherwise affected by matters outside our control.
- The closing date for any competition is stated in the competition notice. Late entries will not be taken into consideration in the selection of a winner.
- By entering a competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- The Deep reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
- Any illegible, defaced, lost or copied entries will be rejected.
- Only one entry per person, per competition is allowed (except where the competition notice states that more than one entry can be submitted).
- Competition winners will be chosen as per the competition notice. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Deep will notify the winner(s) within a 2 week period following the competition closing date, using the contact details provided to enter the competition. The Deep will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the specified prize. If either a prize is declined, or the winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time of 2 weeks, a supplementary winner may be drawn at The Deep’s discretion.
- If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
- Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner or any guests (where applicable) in connection with the use or enjoyment of a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable, no cash alternative or alternative prize is available.
- Competition prizes are awarded at The Deep's sole discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- The Deep shall not be responsible for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering, or being unable to enter any competition or as a result of accepting the competition prize.
- Competition winners may be required to take part in (or co-operate with) publicity or any other form of promotional activity. The Deep reserves the right to use the first name and home towns of winners, their photograph and any recordings of them (be it audio or visual) in any publicity or promotion. All competition entrants agree to their name and home town being published.
- Any personal data relating to Competition entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
- Any competition shall be governed by English law and all parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Any enquires regarding this competition should be directed to: The Deep, Tower Street, Hull, HU1 4DP