Use of Site
We authorise you to view and download the materials at this Website (“Site”) only for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that we retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials or any copies of the materials. For purposes of these Terms, any use of these materials on any other Site or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. The materials at this Site are protected by copyright and any unauthorised use of any materials at this Site may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You may print and download portions of material from the different areas of the Site solely for your own non-commercial use.
Tickets Purchased Online
Tickets bought online still require you to join the main queue and are for that specific time slot, unfortunately, if you arrive after your allocated time, we may be unable to allow you entry. Tickets allow free repeat visits for a period of 12 months (conditions and exclusions apply – see Annual Pass). Where too many tickets have been purchased (or where a customer may have duplicated an entire purchase in error), refunds are available. These can be processed during the office hours of Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm on 01482 381000 (option 0).
Choosing to Gift Aid your admission will not cost you a penny more, but enables The Deep, a registered charity, to benefit from an additional 25p from the UK Government for every £1 of your admission.
The Deep would be very grateful if you are willing to Gift Aid your admission to support our charitable work.
If you agree to Gift Aid your admission as part of purchasing tickets online then, in making this donation, you confirm that these tickets have been purchased for you and your family and that you are a UK taxpayer and have accepted that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations then it would be your responsibility to pay any difference. Gift Aid declarations can be cancelled by writing to us within 30 days of purchase.
Registered Charity number 1073254. EMIH Ltd, The Deep, HULL, HU1 4DP
Our Annual Pass allows you, and those with you on the day of your visit, to return to The Deep free of charge for a 12 month period at no extra cost!
On your first visit, you will be asked at reception if you wish to take up the Annual Pass. If you say yes, our crew will take your details and a digital photograph will be taken. There is no charge for this.
If possible, please keep your original tickets safe and bring them with you on the day, we are then able to check the photograph of your party to match the details. If you have mis-placed these, please don't worry.
Anyone pictured on the Annual Pass can visit individually. On your next visit after purchase, you will be required to give your name and postcode to match up to our system. Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Please note, this ticket does not allow you to 'queue jump' - you must join the main queue in order to get it verified and have a new ticket printed. All visitors are required to prebook a date and timeslot including revisits.
We are unable to allow free entry if these details do not match, Annual Passes are non-transferrable.
Goods purchased online or from The Deep
The Deep complies fully with the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Should you not be happy with any goods purchased from us, please get in touch.
Experience packages each have their own terms and conditions which are clearly detailed in the particulars relating to those packages.
Modification of Terms
We may modify these Terms at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms. You agree to review these Terms periodically to be aware of such modifications and your continued access or use of the Site shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified terms.
Trademarks or Copyright
Trademarks used or displayed on this Site are trademarks of this Site or its affiliates or third party owners. Nothing contained on this Site is to be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right of use of any such trademark without our prior written permission or such third party owner.
Discounts and Offers
The Deep may, from time to time offer discounts, the nature of which will be explained in the appropriate channel such as posters, leaflets, social media posts etc. Unless otherwise stated, discounted tickets do not entitle the user to the Annual Pass, nor do any complimentary/free tickets.
Discounted tickets may only be available to purchase for a limited time.
Competition Terms & Conditions
By entering a Deep competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules
- Each entrant must be a resident in the UK to enter a Deep competition. The email address provided in the competition may be used to send prizes so please make sure it is correct.
- Employees of The Deep and their immediate families are not eligible to enter competitions.
- Proof of posting is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged or otherwise affected by matters outside our control.
- The closing date for any competition is stated in the competition notice. Late entries will not be taken into consideration in the selection of a winner.
- By entering a competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- The Deep reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
- Any illegible, defaced, lost or copied entries will be rejected.
- Only one entry per person, per competition is allowed (except where the competition notice states that more than one entry can be submitted).
- Competition winners will be chosen as per the competition notice. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Deep will notify the winner(s) within a 2 week period following the competition closing date, unless otherwise stated in the competition notice using the contact details provided to enter the competition. The Deep will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the specified prize. If either a prize is declined, or the winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time of 2 weeks, a supplementary winner may be drawn at The Deep’s discretion.
- If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
- Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner or any guests (where applicable) in connection with the use or enjoyment of a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable, no cash alternative or alternative prize is available.
- Competition prizes are awarded at The Deep's sole discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- The Deep shall not be responsible for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering, or being unable to enter any competition or as a result of accepting the competition prize.
- Competition winners may be required to take part in (or co-operate with) publicity or any other form of promotional activity. The Deep reserves the right to use the first name and home towns of winners, their photograph and any recordings of them (be it audio or visual) in any publicity or promotion. All competition entrants agree to their name and home town being published.
- Any personal data relating to competition entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
- Any competition shall be governed by English law and all parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Any enquires regarding this competition should be directed to: The Deep, Tower Street, Hull, HU1 4DP
Friends of The Deep
Friends of The Deep is an installation of ocean themed supporters’ plaques which will be displayed in The Deep’s reception area. Each plaque will display the name of an individual or corporate supporter to create a large shoal of animals.
- The Deep will have complete control of the location and installation date of the fish plaques.
- We may modify these Terms at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms on our website. You agree to review these Terms periodically to be aware of such modifications
- The Deep have the right to use photographs and video footage of all supporters’ plaques to promote Friends of The Deep. This will include The Deep’s website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other future social media channels, leaflets, brochures, visitor guides, advertisements, blogs and any other promotional material developed and circulated by the company. This will also include use by 3rd parties, unless previously agreed otherwise.
- At its sole discretion, The Deep reserves the right not to use the name/logo provided should it not be appropriate for display in a public visitor attraction.
- All our corporate sponsorships packages are subject to VAT.
- Each corporate sponsorship package will run for one calendar year from the date of purchase. Sponsorship packages can be renewed each year, a member of our team will be in touch at this time.
- Any personal data relating to corporate sponsors will be used solely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and any amendments thereof.
- The Deep reserves the right to remove your company plaque at any time should we consider that our reputation is at risk through our continued association with your company. We will inform you if we do so.
- The Deep will provide a media toolkit for sponsors to promote their donation and plaque.
Fundraising and donations
Unless the donor states that their donation was provided for a specified purpose, all donations made to The Deep will be utilised to further any of its charitable objectives at the discretion of the trustees.
The Deep Magazine Photography Terms & Conditions
- The theme is Animal Crafts. We are looking for photographs which feature a photo of an individual holding or positioned next to their homemade animal craft/artwork. The Deep’s decision with regards to eligibility will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Photographs entered must be taken with prior consent from the individual/s featured within the image.
- Entries are limited to one per person which includes up to 3 photographs. These must be uploaded as JPEGS or PNGs to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the individual’s first name, age, their town/city and a brief description of the animal craft. Please submit files no larger than 5MB. Should your entry be a winner, we will contact entrants directly via email.
- Postal entries will not be considered.
- The Deep will not accept composite images as entries, nor any images which have been changed/enhanced or modified in some way. Entries with a logo or watermark will not be accepted.
- The competition is open to all, but is operated under the jurisdiction of UK law.
- Entrants must be over the age of 18 and must be the parent or guardian of the individual who is photographed.
- The Deep cannot accept any responsibility for issues with internet service providers, network or other system which may result in any entry being lost or delayed.
- Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided.
- All photographs will be judged on their suitability for inclusion in The Deep’s magazine.
- Each of the shortlisted entrants will be contacted by a member of The Deep marketing team via email. If after reasonable attempts an entrant cannot be contacted, The Deep reserves the right to offer the place to the next best entry. The decision for inclusion into the magazine is final.
- Entrants who submit their images agree that The Deep will reproduce their work for the magazine which will be available to buy. Images may also be used, but are not limited to The Deep’s website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other future social media channels, leaflets, brochures, visitor guides, advertisements, blogs and any other promotional material developed and circulated by the company. Entrants also acknowledge that any media on which their image has been used may remain in circulation indefinitely. Whilst The Deep will make every effort to credit individuals in printed reproductions, we cannot guarantee that every use of the photograph will include their name. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant with them being the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered.
- By entering, entrants have agreed to be bound by these rules and The Deep reserve the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time.
- The Deep reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time or alter any of the rules at any stage if deemed necessary.
- This competition is administered by The Deep.